Noralta Junior Hockey League
New Team Requirements and Information
Interested in your team joining our league? Please fill out the contact form below and submit the application form and we will respond back to you.
1. Applications- Teams are required to complete and submit a new team Application form to the board for review.
2. Meetings- A team must have a representative at the monthly Noralta meetings.
3. Finances – Each team pays a one-time performance bond of $300 upon acceptance in to our league.
In addition, a deposit of $500.00 is payable upon team application approval. This deposit is refundable once the team has entered their second year of performance in the league. Teams are responsible for paying a Noralta membership fees. These fees are based on a budget submitted and approved at the beginning of each season. Membership fees are based on the amount of teams in our league. The membership fees on the budget increase by $500.00 every other year for Provincial support.
Each team is responsible for paying Hockey Alberta for insurance and team fees at the beginning of the season. Teams are also responsible for Inter-branch transfers payments to Hockey Alberta.
City teams will be invoiced by Noralta for Hockey Edmonton team fees and Referee assignor fees..
All Teams are responsible for supplying their own Team jerseys, socks and other equipment.
Referees – All home teams are responsible for paying Referee fees including travel expense. Home teams are responsible for scheduling their referees for their home games. You will need to contact your referee assignor for detailed information.
4. Schedules – Each game will be scheduled in a 2 ¼ game slot. 3 twenty minute periods and two floods. We have a cap of 28 league games per team per season. For example if there are 15 teams in the league we will schedule 28 games per team. (They play each team twice.) If there are 14 teams we will schedule 26 game per team, etc. Home teams are responsible for the cost of their home game ice costs. The tentative games slots must be submitted to the Noralta ice allocator by the 1st of August. We will need at least two ice times per week on alternate days in order to create a schedule. If the team has 14 home games we will need approximately 24 slots to work with. Unused ice slots will be returned to your ice allocator as soon as the schedule is completed.
5. Registration – The registration of all Junior C players are completed by the Noralta Registrar through the HCR program and approved by Hockey Alberta. Registration are open to players between the ages of 18 to 20 for the current playing season. We do not normally register 17 year old and younger players. Underage players (17 or younger) can only be registered once they have been approved for registration by the Hockey Alberta Junior Chair.. A team may register a maximum of four 21 year old players. The 21 year old must have played with the team registering them in the last season that they played junior hockey. Special permission to register a 21 year old can only be granted upon approval from the Hockey Alberta Junior Chair and the Noralta Junior Hockey League. Team are responsible for collecting their own registration fees from players. The Noralta Junior Hockey League will provide a 25 man roster form for teams to use to submit their player to the Noralta registrar for registration in HCR.
6. Coaching Qualifications: Coaches are required to have coach level certification, respect in sport and each team must have one bench staff with safety certification.
7. Affiliations – Junior C teams may affiliate Midget aged players. The deadline for affiliations is January 15th. No affiliated player may play in a league game until registered and approved.
8. Critical Dates – December 1st is the first cut down date to a roster of 25 players. No team may have any more than 25 players registered at any given time up to this deadline . January 10th is the second cut down date to a roster of 23 players. February 10th is the date of final registration. Registration information is on our website on the policies and procedures page. Regulations can be downloaded or printed.
9. Game Sheets - Game sheets must be faxed to Joe Vaughan (Statistician) and game sheets with write ups must be faxed /emailed to Brenda Kieser (Discipline) within 24 hrs of completion of the game. Original game sheets must be brought to the monthly league meeting.
10. Contact Info is posted on the website
If you have any further concerns or questions feel free to contact:
President - Chris Hurley – 780-235-8163 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Hurley, President
Noralta Junior Hockey League
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE